Guidelines for submission
To submit your manuscript to Sinergie-SIMA Management Conference, you have to register with the OJS web platform:
If you are already registered, you can log in and begin the five-step submission process:
Originality: Only unpublished papers and extended abstract that have not been submitted for publication or that have not been already published as Conference proceedings will be considered for presentation at the Conference and inclusion in the subsequent Conference proceedings. At the time of submission, authors must certify the originality of their work.
Guidelines for submission
To submit your manuscript to Sinergie-SIMA Management Conference, you have to register with the OJS web platform: https://ojs.sijm.it/index.php/sinergie-sima/login
If you are already registered, you can log in and begin the five-step submission process.
We invite you to fill in all the required data correctly and accurately.
Participants who wish to present their research at the Sinergie-SIMA Management Conference 2023 are welcome to send their manuscript in WORD FORMAT (.doc or .docx only) according to the guidelines that are next detailed.Please remember that you have to select one of the following types of submission within the “Submit an Article” section:
• Full paper (if you want to take part in the Conference and, at the same time, you are interested in publication in the Conference Proceedings, please select this type of submission)
• Full paper - no conference proceedings (if you want to take part in the Conference but, at the same time, you are interested in withholding publication in the Conference Proceedings, please select this type of submission)
• Extended abstract (if you want to take part in the Conference and, at the same time, you are interested in publication in the Conference Proceedings, please select this type of submission)
• Extended abstract - no conference proceedings (if you want to take part in the Conference but, at the same time, you are interested in withholding publication in the Conference Proceedings, please select this type of submission)
Full papers and extended abstracts have to be submitted as anonymous manuscripts.
Technical information about the submission process
The web platform requires the following fields to be filled in:
• Section (you have to indicate the type of manuscript you are proposing)
• Submission requirements
• Comments for the Editor (this section enables to upload an optional cover letter; in this section, you can enter acknowledgements and specify contributorship statement in the case of co-authored manuscripts)
• Privacy statement
2. UPLOAD SUBMISSION
- Files: you have to upload manuscript formatted according to the template published online at this web page https://www.sijmsima.it/submission/
- Add file: you can upload further files such as tables/figures that you want to submit (it is optional)
3. ENTER METADATA
• Subtitle (optional)
• First thematic area: you have to select one of the 12 Thematic Tracks to which you want to send your manuscript for evaluation by reviewers with expertise in that thematic area and to present the results of your research in that same thematic area
• Second thematic area: you have to select another of the 12 Thematic Tracks to which you want to send your manuscript (this second preference will be considered in the case in which the first indicated thematic area will result overbooked; thus, your manuscript will be evaluated by reviewers with expertise in the second thematic area that you indicated and it will be presented in this same second thematic area)
• List of contributors: please insert the name of all the Authors and their affiliation too
• Keywords: a minimum of three and a maximum of six keywords must be included to identify the study’s main topic
In this step, you have to click “Finish Submission”. . Please note: Due to default settings of the platform, when you click “Finish Submission”, the following question will appear: “Are you sure you wish to submit this article to the journal?”. You don’t have to worry about this inaccurate statement regarding “the journal”. Just confirm your intention to submit.
5. NEXT STEPS
You will receive a confirmation email. Please be sure that emails from firstname.lastname@example.org are not considered as junk mail by your server
Full paper submission
Full paper submissions for the Sinergie-SIMA Management Conference have to be formatted using the Conference template published online at https://www.sijmsima.it/submission/.
Papers should be a maximum of 10,000 words and should include the following information:
• Author(s) qualifications, scientific discipline, email address and mobile phone number - this information is for the exclusive use of Sinergie’s administration
• Contributor statement in the case of co-authored papers
• References to the research on which the paper is based
• Structured abstract (no more than 300 words) containing the following information: framing of the research, purpose of the paper, methodology, results, research limitations, managerial implications, and originality of the paper.
To assure quality of editing, especially of tables, graphs and figures, it is common to use a Microsoft Word format, compatible formats are accepted as well. File in .bmp, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .gif formats can create problems in editing. If possible, please avoid these formats and provide files containing additional tables and graphs in their original format (e.g., xls).
Footnotes should be used only for comments, to provide more detail or not alternative considerations; they should not contain bibliographic information. It is recommended to avoid changes in the title of the paper and in the composition of the authors, once submission is completed.
References and Internet websites
References should be listed in alphabetical order and, for authors with multiple references, ordered chronologically. References must be formatted as follows:
BACCARANI C., GOLINELLI G.M. (2015), The non-existent firm: Relations between corporate image and strategy, Sinergie Italian Journal of Management, Vol. 33 No. May-Aug, pp. 313-323.
PORTER. M. (1985), The competitive advantage: Creating and sustaining superior performance, Free Press, New York.
PHILLIPS R., BARNEY J., FREEMAN R., HARRISON J. (2019), Stakeholder Theory, in Harrison J., Barney J., Freeman R., Phillips R. (eds.), The Cambridge Handbook of Stakeholder Theory, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
Websites should be mentioned separately below the references. http://www.sijm.it
Extended abstract submission
Extended abstract submissions for the Sinergie-SIMA Management Conference have to be formatted using the Conference template published online at https://www.sijmsima.it/submission/.
The extended abstracts may be in the form of a report on a completed research project or a description of an ongoing or near completed research project. The Conference will provide a valuable opportunity to benefit from debate among peers: thus, extended abstracts describing ongoing research projects must clearly identify their conceptual development, objectives and methodological frameworks. Also, authors must indicate clearly that the research is “work-in-progress”. Extended abstracts should be a maximum of 5,000 words and a minimum of 3,500 words. For editing rules, please follow Full Paper submission directions.
The eligibility and submission requirements are to submit:
- a bio sketch (one page);
- the most recent version of the research paper (or extended abstract) that the author would like to discuss. Papers should be written in English;
- a cover letter clearly stating the question(s) which they are struggling with (one page).
Authors are invited to indicate in a note on the front-page the paper’s target journal(s), and, in the case of R&R papers, the journal in which the paper is under consideration at the time of the submission. In this latter case, authors may send the received reviews to start a useful interaction with the audience of the PDW in order to improve their responses to referees.
Please indicate clearly in the proposal (“Cover letter”) that you are submitting to the “PDW Sinergie Sima 2022”. Papers that are not accepted in the PDW session, will be considered for presentation at the Conference, without Conference Proceedings. Please also note that for this PDW each applicant should submit only one paper.